SMS marketing has rapidly risen to prominence as one of the most effective marketing channels. Discover a variety of SMS marketing statistics in this article that will get you excited about starting your SMS journey.
Most individuals use their phones throughout the day to keep up with the things that are important to them, from friends and family to important information. In fact, most people pick up their smartphones before they even get out of bed.
You might even pick up your phone several times during the day to check the weather, browse social media, or watch youtube videos. According to a study that surveyed 11,000 people, most humans spend at least 3 hours per day on their phones.
While it’s unlikely that these numbers will hold up in every case, if you avoid these common mistakes and follow our best practices, you will greatly boost your odds.
20 SMS marketing statistics
1. 96% of text messages get opened
2. Most text messages are opened in the first 3 minutes
3. 48.7 million people chose to receive business SMSes in 2020
4. 66% of Americans check their phones 160 a day on average
5. 65% of people in the US sleep with their phones
6. 48% of the world population owns smartphones in 2021
7. 65 million people in the US use mobile coupons
9. Statistics show that there will be 7 billion mobile users in the world by 2024
10. Message volume increased by 40% in 2021
11. 75% of people aged 44 and below like contacting businesses via text
12. Gen Z spends approximately 5 to 6 hours a day on their phone
Start using SMS in your business
Grow your traffic, convert leads, and improve ROI.
17. More than 560 million texts are sent per day
18. More than 560 million texts are sent per day
19. 25% of smartphone owners between 18 and 44 couldn’t remember the last time they didn’t have their phones
Texting is an important part of our everyday lives and continues to grow as the worlds leading communication method. If you’re not already employing text marketing in your customer communication strategy, you probably should consider it.